Honda Ridgeline is very significant for its auto manufacturer, Honda. Released in 2005 for 2006 new cars, it is its first model under the pickup truck category for its North American market. Although the Japanese company may have been too late, it still made a considerable impression.
Reviewers like this pickup truck for a variety of reasons including:
- Honda is already a very established brand, and although most of its car designs are incomparable to those of other makers, the vehicles are always reliable, durable, and practical.
- Although it’s a pickup truck, it still feels like a car since it has less noise and ideal for city driving. This makes the vehicle ideal for those who haven’t driven pickups ever.
- The truck is designed to tow as much as 5,000 pounds of objects, which may include a trailer.
- They are ranked well in terms of steering flexibility, precision, and power. You will also like the way brakes work, stopping the vehicle at the time you really want it to.
- It has a bed and an in-bed trunk that you can lock. This is good when you need extra storage for your vehicle. The bed is about 5 feet so there’s plenty of space for storing items. In fact, the bed is much bigger than you can find in full-size pickups.
- The seats are generally spacious, especially at the front. The vehicle also has a high ground clearance, which makes this a respectable choice for some off-road driving.
Although the following are not really downsides, they can still affect your perception of Ridgeline:
- It is equipped with only a V6 engine. This is a problem if you love to spend in the outdoors–that is, camping, fishing, or sailing. The power may not be enough to tow objects regularly or for a very long time. This doesn’t mean you can’t take advantage of its good tow rating. It’s just that you can do so only occasionally.
- It doesn’t have the most beautiful interiors, which make it quite far behind than the more recently released pickup trucks. Its fuel economy is good and is almost similar to regular pickup trucks for both highway and city driving. However, you can already find newer pickup trucks with a better fuel economy.
Note that Honda has already stopped producing its current Honda Ridgeline model, although the company has already promised that it’s going to release a new pickup Ridgeline by around 2016. Whether this is an amazing and huge update remains to be seen.
On the other hand, if you want to own a Honda Ridgeline, you can try looking for used ones in the market. You can also join government auctions where these trucks may be sold by 50% to 90% their book value.
In conclusion, Honda Ridgeline is a great option if you’re looking for a pickup truck that’s perfect for a small family. If you’re one of those who enjoy city driving with occasional out-of-town outdoor trips, this one is for you.